Boutique Surrogacy Agency Based in Northern California
We connect surrogate mothers with intended parents in Roseville, Sacramento, the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles area and beyond
What are the Requirements to Become a Surrogate?
In a nutshell, the surrogate requirements to become a surrogate are many, and it is not easy to qualify to be a surrogate. Especially if you live in California, being a California surrogate requires you to meet even higher standards than required by other states.
To be considered for surrogacy, you must:
- Must be a US Citizen
- Be between the ages 21-38 years of age
- Have had at least one pregnancy completed to full term without complications
- Have had no more than two c-sections
- Live in a surrogate-friendly state (See map below)
- Have a body mass index (BMI) 30 or below (please check your BMI using this calculator)
- Not be currently taking any medications related to anxiety or depression as these types of medications could potentially pose a risk to the pregnancy and postpartum recovery.
- Non-smoker and not exposed to second-hand smoke (this includes vaping and medical marijuana)
- Not be on any federal or state assistance
- Have no criminal record
- Be financially sound
- You do not have to be COVID vaccinated
Surrogacy Requirements By State
Surrogacy laws vary by each state. Made in the USA Surrogacy is able to accept surrogates who reside in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Kansas, Maryland, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Wisconsin, Washington, and West Virginia.